- Your Research
Master outlining by following …
- Outlining Checklist
- Reflection: How did it go with learning outlining: what difficulties did you have and how did you solve them, what did you learn? Write one paragraph for your benefit (identify learning, how you learned how to learn)
Craft, Chapter 1
- Select the most interesting small part and outline it in detail: what does it say AND how does it makes sense to you?
- Reflection: how did it go with learning outlining: what difficulties did you have and how did you solve them, what did you learn?
- Outline the major sections
- Identify one section and examine it in more detail
- Write stronger sub-heads (high-level generalizations)
- Reflection: How did it go with your research: what difficulties did you have and how did you solve them, what did you learn?
Additional notes (things we discussed along the way)
- Pick and choose your battles carefully, work on those parts that appear to be of most benefit to you (not to me)
- Work in small, bite-sized pieces
- Maybe explore your note-taking method by noting and reflecting on smaller pieces more often
- Maybe compare what is new to what you know (the donkey bridge), then identify what is different
- You are looking for innovative, interesting things that might offer competitive advantage
- We discussed our concentrating on the literature review, identifying what relevant professionals are discussing to the end of joining them
- We first survey a few articles, then annotate them, then compare and contrast them to the end of identifying relevant (for us and for business) issues that we might later explore in depth