Developing team and communication skills: to learn in this class and to prepare for modern, communications-intensive workplaces
- Team Work, Review (and apply!)
- Compare and contrast your work with others, identify 1 thing (anything) others have done that you would like to learn, discuss these things with them, make a plan to do so, and start doing so
- In your homework, document your “before”, your classmate’s example, and your “after” and including a discussion of your “asking for and offering help”.
- Next Tuesday, look at the homework your chosen classmates have done and note what they chose to work on, identify (and admire!) your new heroes (and you yourself BE a hero!)
Your Workflow: Getting Things Done
The point is to improve your productivity and to see the relationship between your productivity methods and those used in your future workplaces: if you want to learn how to manage others, you might first learn how to manage yourself: turn your own learning/productivity into an laboratory and model for yourself and for others
- Getting Things Done (my Productivity) page
- Trello and learn how to use it to organize all of your assignments, including school work, eating and sleeping, visiting with friends, etc., etc., — be sure to change names to protect the innocent!
- Outline what CRM systems involve (look for CRM on Wikipedia)
- Identify CRM biz/technology in US Food Service Grows Market Share with Oracle on Demand
- Odoo Processes Tour includes lots of videos to explain the different modules, such as CRM: compare and contrast two of them
- Make three annotated screenshots and develop an explanation Three Annotated Make three screenshots and discuss how illustrate the film’s claims for how CRM systems contribute to business value.
- See my Images for quick advice on screenshots: resize, different sizes, annotations (Jing/Preview)
- Learn how to tell a story around images, based on facts and information, but weaving them into a story: Engage Through Storytelling, Nancy Duarte