Skip to content
Research and Writing
- Acknowledgements, based on Chapter 10 of Craft, and building on Chapter 2, Conversation, outlines how to base your research on what others have to say
- Conversation, an outline of Chapter 2 of Craft, discusses how we best integrate our understanding of ideas and examples imagining our work as a conversation with our sources and with others
- Definitions outlines how to find the special terms and you’ll need to analyze, express, and discuss your topics effectively
- Finding Your Topic offers advice on how to get started, how to find something completely interesting and motivating.
- Images will help you visualize and guide your research as well as express your findings
- Outlining explores how to organize your findings using the Outline feature in MS Word, including how to structure your reading, note-taking, drafting, revision, and document preparation
- Reporting, where you learn how to talk about others and prepare the Literature Review
- Research Questions you aim to develop for your term papers and the BA Thesis
- Search offers step-by-step advice on how to find that interest by surveying all this incredibly interesting stuff people are doing and writing about on the web, and maybe before that read
- Portfolios explains how and why we prepare weekly written assignments and combine them at the end for a grade
- Team Work is how we’ll organize ourselves to develop the all-important Feedback you for support and learning
- Feedback explains how to cultivate and harvest this most valuable fruit!
- Alumni offers examples of excellent student writing, most of it through Blogging
- Courage is what you’ll develop by following these steps, so you might have a better chance facing the unknown